TILTING FLOOD BARRIER
Tilting Flood Barriers are permanently installed, autonomously rising to a vertical position to isolate access areas from flood waters.
FloodFree Tilting Flood Barriers automatically deploy, ahead of flood waters.
PASSIVE TILTING FLOOD BARRIERS
- Operate on buoyancy principles to ensure the flood barrier automatically deploys, as flood waters rise, providing complete peace of mind.
POWERED TILTING FLOOD BARRIERS
- Have the additional ability for PRE or POST inundation Flood Barrier Deployment; utilising level sensors for automatic deployment as well as the option to locally and/or remotely operate flood barriers when required, giving you complete control of your flood barriers.
- Tilting Flood Barriers may be Actuated (Electric or Hydraulic) or Passive.
- Fabricated from marine grade aluminium.
- Designed for strength, high corrosion resistance and long asset life.
- Low maintenance design.
- Fully trafficable.
- Excellent sealing.
- Basement Car Park Entrances.
- Building Entry.
- Flood Affected Areas.
- Minimum height 500mm, plus 250mm increments up to 1500mm.
- Non-standard, lower profiles are available on application.
- Alternative heights available subject to AWMA engineering approval.
- All FloodFree flood protection barriers are purpose-designed, engineered and manufactured.
- Project partners receive full design support to ensure the product delivered will be engineered and certified to withstand site specific worse case scenarios for expected flood water height, debris loading, deployment times etc. Design considerations include the condition of the nominated site, with options for greenfield and brownfield sites.
- Optional extras for automated systems include battery charged backup systems (to ensure flood protection during power black-outs), warning lights and SMS alarms.
- Full installation service is provided.
- The FloodFree range has a minimum 25 year design life.
- Minimal maintenance is required ensuring low ‘whole of life costs’.
All manufacturing procedures are in accordance with an internationally accredited ISO 9001 Quality Management System to ensure each barrier is delivered to a high quality standard.
Detailed documentation on operation, testing procedures and maintenance can be provided with all FloodFree Barriers.
Comprehensive on and/or off site training is available.