The Swing Flood Barrier is an outward opening hinged flood gate designed to provide effective isolation of floodwaters up to the height of the gate.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Swing Barriers are manufactured from marine grade aluminium
- A manual locking mechanism(s) secures the gate in the closed position.
- Seals are manufactured from UV stabilised plasticised PVC.
- Seal frames are manufactured from stainless steel and are designed for face mount installation onto the wall of a building, levee or other structure.
- Swing Barriers can be supplied as either right or left hand hinged.
- Swing flood barriers are supplied with a mill finish as standard.
- Optional coating of AWMA Swing Flood Barriers available in any colour to integrate with the surrounding building or structure.
- Full perimeter sealing available.
- Locking mechanisms may include custom latches or handle assemblies.
- Basement entry
- Pedestrian access
- Storage units
- Utility Boxes
- Ventilation outlets
- Bunds / Levees
- Bunds / Levees
- Access hatches
All FloodFree Barriers are purpose-designed, engineered and manufactured.
Project partners receive full design support to ensure the product delivered will be engineered and certified to withstand site specific worse case scenarios for expected flood water height, debris loading, deployment times etc. Design considerations include the condition of the nominated site, with options for greenfield and brownfield sites.
The FloodFree range has a minimum 25 year design life.
Minimal maintenance is required ensuring low ‘whole of life costs’.
AWMA hold international accreditations for ISO 9001; Quality, ISO 14001; Environment and ISO 45001 OH&S management.
AWMA’s Integrated Management System aims to provide a framework to deliver products and services that consistently exceed customer expectations.
Swing Flood Barriers are designed to be manually deployed by a single operator.
Detailed documentation on operation, testing procedures and maintenance can be provided with all FloodFree Barriers.
Comprehensive on and/or off site training is available.